tired of seeing ads for pills that claim to cure your problem, with the side effect of 10 new ones?
many people experience symptoms of health or dis-ease as a result of simple choices and interactions with the world. the unfortunate reality: our modern cities are plagued with toxins and pollutants which we can both knowingly, and unknowingly consume daily.
cleansing the body of excess toxic build-up and chemicals can help prevent physical and mental illness and lethargy. below you will find two lists that describe how the body functions when: clean and healthy vs. overloaded with toxins.
when the body is healthy and clear we experience:
• vitality: we feel energetic, strong and active
• mental clarity: having clear thoughts, feeling peace, joy, and well-being
• physical health: bright eyes, healthy glowing skin, a well-regulated body temperature
• excellent digestion: eating feels energizing & renewing, regular bowel movements
• balanced cycles: deep relaxed breathing, strong appetite, regular sleep patterns
when there is a strong presence of toxins in the body we can experience:
• lack of vitality: feeling low-energy, weak, lack of motivation
• poor mental clarity: depression, anxiety, confusion, stress
• physical dis-ease: poor temperature regulation, rashes or skin problems, pain, …bloating/inflammation, congestion, allergies
• poor digestion: feel fatigued after eating, indigestion, constipation
• imbalanced cycles: short or shallow breathing, poor appetite, insomnia
detoxification is an opportunity to replace a seasonal cold, or illness in the body, with a simple, back-to-basics cleanse. directing focus inwards towards health and wellness by cleaning our bodies can have many benefits including the alleviation of perhaps previously unexplained ailments. the side effect: health and wellness.
NEXT POST: the bright side! healthy methods of flushing toxins and how to re-nourish the body with holistic, ayurvedic recipes and clean eating ♥